Saturday, April 26, 2014

Perfection Isn't Easy

 
     We think we're perfect; then we blow it. By the time we reach three score and ten years, we are beyond making mistakes. Or so we think.
 
Remember the time you planned a fancy company dinner and left out the baking powder in the biscuits because you were talking with your guests while you measured? Or the time your half-slip dropped to your ankles during an important meeting attended by only men and yourself? I do!
My red Cadillac sat covered with pollen from pine trees and desperately needed a car wash. I have gone to this particular car wash business many times and his final words are always the same: close your window and place the transmission in Neutral. Easy instructions.
Yesterday, I experienced the fastest car wash ever! I accidentally left the shift lever in Drive and my car sped forward on the moving tracks through water, soap and brushes like I had entered a horse race. I have never been so embarrassed! The understanding attendant said it happens all the time and he kindly sent me through one more time free of charge. I'm not sure if I shall ever have courage to swallow my pride and return for another car wash.
Wounded pride can be mortifying.
Lord, help me live with a humble attitude. I need to rely on Your grace instead of my human abilities.
Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.”
Proverbs 16:18 NLT
Happy Birthday, Susan
Happy Birthday, Pat

Happy 13th Anniversary, Brian and Nancy


Juanita