Saturday, April 16, 2011

Darkness and Light

Light changes our view immediately. When I rose early this morning, there was no view from the library window–just blackness. The lawn proved dark as the sky and I wondered how can I be inspired to write when I see nothing? In ten minutes, the scene changed to green grass and gray sky. 
 
The coming of daylight is so amazing and inspiring. How quickly the scene can change. Imaging watching the creation of the first day when God said, “Let there be light. . .” and seeing it dramatically appear.

If you and I rise early enough, we can watch light happen all over again. The word, quickly, reminds me of the last promise in the Bible: Jesus will come quickly. My goodness! Who says darkness can't be inspiring?


I'm so pleased you came for a visit, but I'm definitely not happy that two large hawks arrived for a visit today. When the boys were young, we enjoyed counting the hawks along the I-5 freeway as they perched in a tree or on a fence post waiting for a field mouse to leave its hiding place. There is no welcome sign here for hawks because they are not spying for mice, but fish. 

Today, one landed on the top branch of a cedar tree and the other one made a dive into the pond. The ugly fowl abruptly left with gold in its clutches. They can steal all the gold fish they want, but they better not even dream about the eighteen-inch koi or there will be “Trouble in River City”.

Your tip for the day: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It will take the edge off your appetite and you will eat less.

Juanita