Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Day Before Dawn to Remember


Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power:
for thou hast created all things, 
and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”
Revelation 4:11 KJV

Today might be one of the most spectacular days yet. The eighth is the day after Erik's birthday and the day before Brian's birthday, but this day is super special. I've been waiting six months for this day because on April 15, I was too lazy to set my alarm. So tonight, with a pot of strong tea and a long to-do list, I'm ready to stay up for the lunar show. My husband went to bed and awaits the announcement of action. My cousin says, “Call me if you see red, not brown.”

God made two great lights, the sun and the moon—the larger one to govern the day, and the smaller one to govern the night . . . and God saw that it was good.” Genesis 1:16-18 NLT

He created the whole universe, good and perfect, for His pleasure. My Father God allows me to enjoy His breath-taking creations: Crater Lake, rainbows, the Grand Canyon, holding a red-headed sap sucker, a new-born baby. The list doesn't end. Today, before dawn, another event will be added to my list – a blood-red lunar eclipse. My anticipation is difficult to restrain. I'm trying to use patience. Reminds me of waiting for the folks to wake up on Christmas morning so we might open our presents.

The stars at night are big and bright . . .” The Orion constellation is visible tonight—no clouds. Plus a few falling stars.

I turned off our barn light. All the lights on the south side of the house are off and I pace back in forth in the dining room every ten minutes to peer out the window. Sure, I printed the official schedule, but scientists can be wrong sometimes, right?

I set the timer for 2:18 a.m., the beginning of the show. I'm down to less than an hour. I'm so excited! Four comfy dining chairs wait expectantly on the patio. Blankets are available if needed. The hot tub is disconnected. Who wants man-made noise during this special time? Our friends brought their telescope; I have my mink jacket for warmth, Barbara has her leather coat. I prepared fruit and muffins. The party is about to commence!

Look up into the heavens. Who created all the stars? He brings them out like an army, one after another, calling each by its name. Because of his great power and incomparable strength, not a single one is missing.” 
 Isaiah 40:26 NLT


 "The heavens proclaim the glory of God. 

The skies display his craftsmanship.
  Day after day they continue to speak;

 night after night they make him known.
  They speak without a sound or word;

 their voice is never heard.
  Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, 

and their words to all the world."
Psalm 19:1-4


Juanita

Is this your first visit?  Welcome!

I would be glad to notify you when I post my next article. Email me at: folks7777@gmail.com and request a reminder by email.  Your address will remain private with me.