Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Famous People

Meeting or seeing a famous person makes exciting news to 'write home about' or record in my blog. I want to share a recent experience with you.

My husband and I took a bus with Tulip Tours to Canada. We visited an art gallery displaying works of talented artists. One painting captured my attention. I couldn't take my eyes of it. Nearly full size, a beautiful young woman dominated the scene. With long golden hair falling past her shoulders, she wore partial shoulder armor over a long, dark gown. The woman stood on a rock formation with her eyes focused upwards. The picture was bordered in 23 kt. gold leaf paint. The name of the oil painting: The Good Fight. The picture rested on the floor, but I could almost look her straight in the eye. I was probably the last one of the tour to leave the gallery that day. So inspiring—she kept my attention spellbound!

When we returned home, I found the artist and his paintings on-line. I inserted 'my' picture on my desktop to enjoy at no cost to me. Neither me nor of my friends could afford to purchase this work of art from a world famous artist.

Last week, I went to his website  (www.manuelnunezart.com)  once again to adore his work. I noticed a tab to contact him. Since I had a couple questions about his work, I filled out the form, but thinking he probably won't answer me. In less than an hour, my phone rings. Manuel Nunez, the famous artist, is on the line! Almost speechless, I forgot most of my questions. I couldn't believe he called me. He didn't appear in a hurry and we talked for several minutes.

Because of the title he chose, The Good Fight, I thought he might be a Christian. Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:7 NKJV “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” So I asked him. Yes, he was! 
 
He proceeded to tell me the woman with the armor represents the Bride of Christ! Oh, my goodness! Now it is my favorite picture for sure. He said the original painting belongs to a man living in Spain. I was pumped the next three days and told my friends about my phone call from a famous, yet humble-sounding person.

I was even crazy enough to tell him that I was an artist too. My medium —spray paint. 
 
We artists love to create, don't we? All talent comes from the Creator of the universe!

Happy Birthday!
Barbara
Jane
Suzanne
Sharon
Lois
Taelor
Margaret

Happy Anniversary!
Peter & Julie 52nd
Ron & Joyce

Juanita