Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Ballet of the Flag

Even in the shade, the air is extremely warm today, actually hot! My lawn chair faces the koi pond while I rest and scrutinize my latest project: wooded steps up an incline, or down, depending on which way I'm going. For several years I put up with the effort of making my way along this path, but finally when I had nothing else to do (believe that?), I changed the landscape to give the path a more designed appearance. Hopefully I'll get more leg muscles using the steps too.
With a glass of ice water in one hand and a pen and tablet in the other, I'm watching the flag, which hangs over the pond, dance in the breeze. It's not flapping loudly like in a strong wind, but gracefully rising and falling as the soft wind blows through my garden.
The old saying 'take time to smell the roses' is relaxing advice no matter what your age or occupation. The scent of my roses doesn't reach the pond area, but watching the flag flutter and waltz has almost the same results.
                                                              
                                  my "Royal Pageant" rose 

Seek out your private place of comfort today, away from the world's dreadful headlines and focus on your blessings and the beauty of nature—God's summer gift to you. 

Happy belated Birthday Tinsley
Happy Birthday Geni
Happy Birthday Sharon
Happy Birthday Zachariah

Love to all of you,
Juanita