Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Personal Invitation

Come in.  Welcome to my world, and welcome to my library. Let's sit awhile and have a cup of hot jasmine tea together. I like to watch the pearls unroll as the tea leaves steep in the hot water. In my opinion, the best jasmine pearl tea is sold at Allann Bros.

We have much to see outside my large library window and many topics to discuss. My lovely garden is a very busy place with birds, squirrels, and Daisy our Lab (yellow, of course).  It has many beautiful trees and flowers except in the winter. The real purpose of my library is to have an inviting and comfortable place to store and read my favorite books. But so often, I find my eyes gazing out the window and enjoying the sights I see and the sounds I hear which causes me to lay my book down in my lap until my mind comes back inside the library.

Everything is dripping this morning. The clouds are dripping, the plants are dripping, but just see what it does to the lawn. The grass is so green in spite of the fact that half of it is crabgrass. Isn't it amazing how just a couple days of rain can fertilize and green up the lawn faster than a whole sack of Scotts?

A streak of yellow just ran pass the library window to the front yard. Daisy is on her morning run, going from tree to tree, sniffing the ground looking for brown tree squirrels. She stops for a drink at our large fish pond. The koi don't bother Daisy and Daisy doesn't bother them especially if she can share their fish food. My husband will sprinkle a handful of pellets in the pea gravel at the edge of the pond and watch Daisy carefully lick them up. I hope this doesn't make you dog lovers or my veterinarian groan. Our dog will eat almost anything including fresh carrots peelings.

I see my husband is raking leaves out of the pond and Daisy is now rolling in the pile. Remember when our kids played in the piles of leaves before they were grown up? Hold that thought! Now we have only a few leaves to rake thanks to the big green John Deere.

Thanks for coming for a visit. You are welcome anytime.  If my thoughts have prompted thoughts of your own, feel free to make a comment in the comment section below.  I'd love to hear from you.   I plan to visit with you once a week.

This is also a new year.  Have a Happy New Year!

"This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalm 118:24 (NKJ) 

 








By clicking on the word "comment" below, you can send me a comment.