Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bright Sun, Painted Sun

This morning before dawn, our east security light illuminated the bedroom. I was already thinking of getting out of bed, so I quickly grabbed my glasses and peered out the window to see what creature was trespassing through our yard. Hop, hop, hop, then it disappeared quickly beyond the floodlight. One little black and white bunny returned this morning. 

Who would dare complain of being awakened by a bunny? I wish he or she would visit in the daytime so we could really enjoy the furry fellow. My husband and I first discovered our bunny visitors this year in February. 

Gazing through the library window right now, I see two colors: black and midnight blue. Midnight is long past and the sun will soon rise. 

Thirty minutes later the color black has yielded to the green of the lawn, and a new day has dawned. “This is the day the Lord has made; let's be glad” in whatever our circumstances.

My floral tea cup is empty and I have been reading my favorite book for an hour. Now the bright sun is making everything outside glow. I'm sure you have seen days like this. The green grass appears exceptionally bright and the yellow-tipped arborvitae shines. We need to enjoy the brightness while we can because, probably in two minutes, the sun will disappear behind a cloud as it has done all week.

Speaking of the sun, from my library window I can see the sun I painted. I spray-painted a colorful sun on the window of the neighbor's barn wall that borders my garden. The high window was the perfect location for my art work. Creating this picture last year was a delight and so easy to accomplish. A helpful on-line video demonstrated how to create this feat. Talent is not necessary in this style of painting. Rain or shine, I can always see the bright sun outside.


    I named the picture, "In the Beginning, God. . . ."
This Scripture seems an appropriate closing for this week:  "The Lord merely spoke, and the heavens were created.  He breathed the word, and all the stars were born."  Psalm 33:6


Enjoy your view of the universe!


Juanita