Saturday, October 1, 2011

Is It Autumn or Fall?

Good morning! Welcome to my library.

Welcome to autumn, officially here with its bright array of warm colors.


Do you prefer to label this season autumn or fall? If you call yourself British English, you probably say “autumn”. In support of saying “fall”, leaves fall from trees and temperatures fall, but I prefer the word autumn. The sound of this word lingers and hums when spoken, much like our six-foot, steel gray wind chimes Jack made for us six years ago. They are perfectly tuned to an E-flat cord. When the breeze stops, our chimes hum for over two minutes. In case you're wondering about this melody disturbing our neighbors, they are not close enough to hear them. Their loss, our joy.

On another topic, what's up with the praying mantis this week? Why are they jumping on me? I know they eat little insects, but I saw no bugs on me. They are so weird-looking in an elegant way. I was minding my own business, pulling up purple petunias which quit blooming, and trimming my dark pink guara when I see a lime-green prehistoric monster on my shoulder for the second time in a week. I didn't scream this time. Once again, no camera with me. I need to consider myself a journalistic photographer and keep my camera tied to my belt when I'm outside to avoid missing these unusual shots.

                                       Pink Guara in my garden.

As we read about current events happening in our world, please remember, “. . . at the right time, he (God) will bring everything together under the authority of Christ-everything in heaven and on earth.” Ephesians 1:10 NLT

I'm amazed how many visitors join me in the library each week. Thanks for coming.
Juanita

Comments are welcome at folks7777@gmail.com or click on pencil below.