Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thoughts for a New Year

As a caring parent, you probably told your young child, “Don't cry! It will be okay.” Or maybe a close friend told you not to worry about a certain situation, suggesting everything will be okay in the end.

I discovered another 'okay' the other day. This might be news to some contact wearers. I have worn them for centuries, but never saw the secret message printed on them.

The other morning, I experienced eye pain from my contact. I took it out two times and cleaned it thoroughly. It still irritated my eye. I thought, maybe it was wrong side out. This can happen if I'm not careful. When it collapses like a taco, that's a good sign. But my new-style contacts fold too easily on either side. Finally, I put it on my fingertip and held it up to the light to look for an eyelash or a piece of fuzz. What did I see? I saw the letters OK. I smiled. So I put it in my watery eye again, this time no pain.

If you don't wear contacts, maybe this incident sounds confusing. But I thought, there must be a spiritual message here. This morning, Max and I were talking about looking up to God for guidance. If we look up in prayer for help, the Lord will give the okay sign, a promise:

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." Deut. 31:6 NKJV


The view is beautiful from where I sit. Thanks for joining me today. 
See you next year!

Juanita

Reply: folks7777@gmail.com