Saturday, August 31, 2013

What's That Noise?

I did it again! Not once, not twice, but for the third time. I know what you're thinking, but my age has nothing to do with the problem!

The kitchen garbage disposal – listed as a modern-day invention. Did you catch the word 'disposal'? Not an accurate description because not every item gets completely destroyed in that deep, dark pit.

At times during operation, I hear an extra loud objection as four blades rotate at high speed. But if I leave the switch in the 'on' position and wait long enough, the grinding stops and I can hear the quiet, satisfied whirl of the cutting blades.

Yesterday I scrubbed my kitchen sink, pushed the vegetable debris down the drain hole, turned on the water, then the switch. I tried to analyze the sound. It wasn't loud and metallic like a spoon. (I know that sound!) I heard more like a dull, chewing noise. The sound diminished thirty seconds later. The object must be a plum seed. Our juicy yellow plums make a favorite treat this time of the year, but you must eat them over the sink.

All was well – until this morning. I wanted to clean my stove top, but couldn't locate my favorite green scrubber.

My friend Marguerite crochets fabulous scrubbers using nylon netting from the fabric store. I declare them totally indestructible! I've proven this fact over and over again in the garbage disposal.

Here's to our clean kitchens!

Happy Birthday!! Craig #75, Ruth, Mother #94, Dianne and Nancy B. 

Happy Anniversary!! Brad & Dawnita and Gary & Betty

"If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, is that a balanced diet?"

Sincerely,
Juanita

Reply: folks7777@gmail.com