Saturday, February 5, 2011

Circus Act

It is just a perfect day to stay indoors today and read my most favorite book in my library, the Bible. I looked up just in time to see a flock of geese flying somewhere. Not sure where, but they look determined to get there. This might be a good time to ask ourselves what are we determined to do this coming week and are we going to follow through with our plans? Reminds me of the Scripture, “Whatever you do, you must do all for the glory of God.” (NLT) They are in perfect formation with the point man leading the way. I’m glad they never stop at our pond. We only have room for the plastic yellow ducklings that keep the Koi and gold fish in good company.

I see a Steller’s jay bird is busy planting filbert trees again. Fourteen years ago, we cut down our filbert orchard, but those trees still come up in the most unwanted places, thanks to the jays and their habit of preparing for winter by burying filberts. But I do enjoy watching those busy blue birds from the library window. They are such a pretty bird. I love their beautiful bright blue feathers. If I were in charge, I would give them a different name like King Jay to compliment their pointed crown of feathers.

The word is out! The robins have just returned and are competing with the jays for lunch. The robins flap their wings fast when they fly, but have you noticed how the jay birds seem to sail or glide through the air effortlessly.

Oh my goodness!!! A brown tree squirrel is going crazy!! It is twisting, jumping, and rolling over and over like a dog. Wow, he is excited! Great back flips! Really! I hope he stays around my yard. That was a laugh-out-loud performance. Maybe he fell out of his tree and bumped his head. Whatever the reason, he was very entertaining. It is too late to get my camera. Come to think of it, I have seen this little guy before doing silly acts. He deserves a name. You have just been introduced to Charlie.

I better keep one eye on my book and one eye out the window because today has been very exciting already. I hope your day will be exciting also!

Thanks for the visit.  See you again next weekend.  I am having so much fun with these visits.  If you know anyone else who might like my style, invite them too.