Saturday, August 13, 2011

Yellow Flowers in the Sun


  Yellow sunflowers are visible from my library window all year long. In the spring, I plant seeds next to our neighbor's 70-foot barn wall which makes a great privacy fence. He doesn't know it, but I fully decorated his wall. I discovered much treasure ignored and stored in our own barn such as: rusty old tools, old-fashioned car chains, stiff worn-out logging boots, out-dated car license that was never returned to the DMV. The list goes on and on. Now they're artistically arranged, with my cousin Roberta's assistance, on Steve's barn wall.

  I was telling you about my sunflowers, ranging from ten to two feet tall. I prefer shorter ones because they don't fall over like tall ones. Several are bright gold, some pale yellow and the cute ones are deep red. 
 
  The stately flowers inspired me to paint a picture on our pump house one summer. The small building on the hill was already painted light blue, so the sky was completed before I started. My painted sunflowers look life-size and give me pleasure long before seeds begin to grow in the spring and long after the real ones are dead.

  I enjoy sunflowers all year long thanks to God's gift of flower seeds and my elementary art work.

  “The land was filled with seed-bearing plants and trees, and their seeds produced plants and trees of like kind. And God saw that it was good.” Genesis 1:12 (NLT)

Juanita
folks7777@gmail.com
You may comment by email or click on pencil below.