Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tombstones and Buttons

Our bull frog is calling again. I must give him a name. Maybe I’ll call him George. Sounds as if George has a sore throat today. I'm glad he's not skittish because I like to sneak up on him and take his picture while he's floating among lily pads in the fish pond.

So far, you have met George the frog, Charlie the squirrel, and Daisy our dog. I remember visiting Bird Haven in Stayton years ago. Mr. Koch names his favorite birds, but don't all barn swallows look alike? We bought two of his red bird houses and it's fun watching birds come and go and sit on their roof as if they belong there. They made themselves right at home the first week.

Ready for inspiration? Last week, my friend Barbara returned from visiting the Billy Graham Library. His wife Ruth is buried there and guess what her tombstone reads. “End of construction. Thank you for your patience.” Now, doesn't that say it all? I'm sure Billy's epitaph will have a strong message also. 



In the hallway hangs my button board filled with old souvenir badges from many occasions, “Robertson for President” to “It's a Boy”. Thinking of Ruth Graham's words, reminds me of one particular button: P B P G I N F W M Y, which stands for Please Be Patient, God Is Not Finished With Me Yet.

Please and thank you.

Juanita
folks7777@gmail.com 

To leave a comment, click on the pencil below or use email.