Saturday, July 16, 2011

Frogs and Teddy Bears


Good morning!

He wasn't here when we cleaned the fish pond this spring, but I see (and hear) he decided to return after a couple years of visiting other locations. I hope no one answers his mating call, because one bull frog is enough. I don't want him to multiply like the gold fish. As I sat in the library this morning, I heard his deep croaking. I think it is a pleasant, country sound. Though he's over one hundred feet away, I heard him very plainly, even with the windows closed.

Last Monday, I walked to the pond area to water the red and orange geraniums. I thought Dear Daisy had moved my ceramic frog, that is, until it hopped into the pond. The pond water is very clear at this time, so I got to enjoy watching the frog swim underwater. He did the breast stroke with all four legs. Speaking of legs, has anyone ever tasted frog legs? 

What do you do with a teddy bear that nobody wants? I didn't have the heart to throw it away, so I thought maybe someone would like to steal it. I placed old teddy on our name-sign post up front by the main road. The next day, someone had laid him out flat on his back about twenty feet away, but they didn't take it. Now, he is tied to the post, looking so high and proud. Today, someone laid a stock of flowers in its lap. Ohhh!

Isn't life fun?  The neighbors probably think I'm silly.

I can't believe July is half over. Enjoy your weekend.
Juanita
folks7777@gmail.com