Saturday, July 30, 2011

Words of a Leader


Thanks for joining me in the library this morning.

Yesterday, I read the words of a king which brought to mind other great leaders frequently quoted. We who are older know who said, “Never, never, never give up!” Did you know this same prime minister also said, “If you are going through hell, keep going.”? He said something funny about being drunk. Maybe I'll use it during a humorous speech for Toastmasters.  You can find it on Google-like everything else.

“And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.” The last part of John F. Kennedy's quote is not as well-known as the first line.

The following famous words of King David have encouraged people for generations. Children in Sunday School memorize it. Can you still quote Psalm 23?

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of 
the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil; for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
Psalm 23 NKJV

Do you remember what your Dad told you? Mine said, “Don't do as I do; do as I say.” He realized he wasn't perfect.

I wish you a pleasant day filled with good memories.

Juanita
folks7777@gmail.com

Click on the pencil below to leave a comment.